Do you know what should go on your walk-in refrigeration units? All types of strip curtains serve a specific purpose. Adding ribbed curtains when not needed won’t cause harm to your refrigeration units, but you may not want to spend the extra dollars if they are not necessary.
2 Questions should be asked:
- What type of traffic is going through the doors?
– Forklifts and Machine traffic should used ribbed curtain material
-Foot traffic should use smooth strip curtain material
- Do the strip curtains need to be cleaned on a regular basis?
-If yes then smooth strip curtain material would be the better choice because of its flat profile
Smooth Strip Curtain Properties:
- Flat Surface
- Crystal Clear – offering very good visibility
- Ideal for Pedestrian Applications
- Easy to Clean
- Commonly Used for Foodservice or More Technical Applications
Ribbed Strip Curtain Properties:
- Ribbed Profile
- Good for Heavy Traffic Applications
- Ribs Work Like Bumpers – Protect from heavy loads
- Ideal for Forklifts or Other Machinery Going In & Out
- Ribbed Strip Curtain Material Needs to Be Replaced When Scratches Effect Visibility – When safety starts to be of a concern