Have you ever heard the phrase “When one door closes another one will open” ? Are you asking yourself, “Why the (insert expletive here) wont my glass display doors close?” You close one reach-in glass door and the next glass display door pops right open! This can be extremely frustrating, infuriating, irritating and … you name it.
Every time this happens you are losing $ Money…
- Your compressor is working harder to keep your refrigeration unit cold.
- Your refrigeration case will need more HVAC work in the future
- Your electric bill skyrockets.
- More parts on the door will break (yay!).
- Your Lighting turns on – wasting even more electricity.
- Your Ant-sweat hearts have to kick it up a notch.
So what gives? How can this problem be fixed? It is a simple replacement. You need a new door closer kit/torque rod for your glass display doors. Depending on the manufacturer of your glass display doors (not the big walk-in cooler door) certain door kits and torque rods go on the door. Most of the glass display doors out there are Anthony/Ardco/Displayrite (all the same company), a few others are Hussmann doors, and even less are Styline glass display doors. You will need the following information to replace the glass display door closer:
- Ardco – You’re in luck there is only one door kit or frame kit that fits all Ardco Display Doors.
- Anthony – You need to know if your base of your torque rod is hex (like a stop sign) or round, the W/O # off of the top frame of the door, the date of manufacture (DOM), and the model number.
- Displayrite – You’re in luck there is only one door closer/torque rod for displayrite.
- Hussmann – You need to have the model, serial number, and date of manufacture.
- Styleline – You need to have the model, serial number, and date of manufacture.
If you cannot find the information you need, please call us at 844.292.6694 or email us at Support@HingedParts.com